Content marketing case study
About the client
Checkatrade is the UK’s number one website for finding a tradesperson. With over 50,000 trades on their website, Checkatrade offers consumers peace of mind thanks to the 12 checks they do on all trades which want to become members.
Checkatrade were seeking specialist writers to create content for their blog. It was paramount that any content would make complex topics accessible for a range of readers at different skill levels. In addition, securing high levels of leads for approved tradespeople was a key priority.
As the agency for challenging industries, and with previous work on marketing projects for engineering, home building, renovations and interior design clients, Devise Marketing was the perfect fit.
- Over 165 pieces of content were created and optimised by Devise Marketing.
- Content ranged from 500 to 3,000 words and covered various topics. From inspirational bedroom designs to septic tank installations and detailed guides on home extensions, we covered it all (including the kitchen sink!).
- This included deep research, drawing on our own experience and speaking with specialist tradespersons to find answers. No question or topic was too obscure, and we left no stone unturned to find the answers then explain them in easy to follow language for readers.
- All content was written to target high search volume keywords and match user intent. We followed best practice around Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness to create content that deserved to rank highly.
The content resulted in a 675% increase in sessions on the Checkatrade.com blog in 7 months (Aug 2020 – Jan 2021).
- We achieved a higher conversion rate than all other Checkatrade blog content, driving new leads to a wide range of tradespeople.
- Keywords ranking in SERPs for the blog have increased by 1,020% during our time on the project.
- Although link building was not a part of the project, backlinks to the blog had grown 1656% during the project, due to the quality of the content being produced.
- Following this success, Checkatrade doubled their investment in content from Devise Marketing. We are also now assisting the trade department with content written for tradespeople, a new challenge that draws upon our ability to write for any audience.
Feedback for Mike Essex, our Lead Consultant:
“Mike has played a significant role in taking our content marketing to the next level. He is the kind of specialist that everyone wants – someone who will slot in nicely and be a part of your team. He is someone who will give his all to your project, and even better, look to innovate and put forward ideas. On top of this, his content has played a huge role in our improved organic SEO presence and our rise in conversion rate.”
Content Marketing Executive,
To find out how we can help with content marketing & strategy get in touch.
Or, view more of our case studies.